Pentecostal Christian Academy (PCA) recognizes that the personal information it receives is held in a position of trust. PCA seeks to fulfill that trust by adhering to general principles regarding the protection of personal information. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, share and protect information in the course of operating our business.
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to the personal information of consumers that is collected or used by PCA, its affiliates or subsidiaries (collectively, “PCA”, “we”, “our”, “us”). This Statement applies to all the personal information that PCA collects when consumers interact with us, such as when visiting our websites, using our services, contacting admissions and when interacting with us as an education partner (collectively, the “Services”).
This includes, without limitation, all online and offline collections of all types of personal information. However, some PCA collections involve types of data with special requirements (for example, education information) which require a different privacy notice. Whenever that is the case, PCA will make it clear that the privacy notice concerned is different from this Statement.
For those who reside in California, please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents for additional information regarding our practices.
PCA may ask you to provide personal information for purposes including, but not limited to, the following:
- Using PCA services;
- Activating or registering certain services or enhancing functionality;
- Receiving information about PCA services;
- Participating in PCA online communities, including our social media channels/pages;
- Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from PCA;
- Helping us to develop services and create campaigns that are designed around you, optimize customer services and continuously improve our websites;
- Helping us to improve services, and allowing PCA to keep you informed of, or involve you in the testing of, new products and services;
- Resolving consumer and/or services issues;
- Registering visitors of PCA facilities or PCA organized events and conferences;
- Contract or tender management; and
- Receiving personalized messages, special offers and advertisements that are relevant to your personal interests, based on the information you have shared with us and on the information we have collected through cookies or similar techniques regarding your use of the PCA websites/social media/blogs.
PCA maintains physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information and only allows disclosures as permitted by law to assist in providing products or services. We may also collect product and service information and provide these statistics to others in an aggregate form where the information has been de-identified.
Personal information collected may include:
- Contact information, such as name, address, email, telephone number, fax number, organization name, and/or job title;
- Unique identifiers and preference information such as username, password, marketing preferences, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, computer or mobile device, or navigation and clickstream behavior for online interactions;
- Resume or CV, including work history, professional qualifications, publications, awards, references, completed trainings, and signature;
- Food restrictions, passport info for travel bookings or identification purposes, social security number (where required by law), bank account details, (emergency) contact persons, family information (where applicable and in accordance with local law);
- Pictures, video and audio recordings where you have provided your permission;
- Sensitive personal information, such as education information or reports of an individual end-customer (e.g., concerning product claims and investigations, patient pre- and post-operative outcomes for research & statistical purposes, or criminal records for due diligence procedures in accordance with applicable law).
PCA will retain and use the personal information collected for above mentioned processes and processing purposes in accordance with legal obligations.
Privacy Statement for Children
PCA will not collect personal information from anyone we know to be under the age of 16 without the prior, verifiable consent from his or her legal representative. Such legal representative has the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and/or to require that it be deleted.
Retention of Information
PCA will retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to comply with legal obligations or for no longer as required for legitimate business purposes.
Disclosure of Information
PCA may share personal information we have collected with companies or agents doing technological maintenance or working on our behalf to help fulfill business needs, including providing customer services and distributing marketing communications. PCA may also share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
Other service providers that may be used to perform certain functions on our behalf and to whom personal information may be disclosed in order to perform their intended function include call-center support, sending or processing postal or electronic mail or analyzing or hosting information on cloud-based servers.
PCA does not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
The security and confidentiality of your personal information matters to us. For this reason, PCA has physical, technical and administrative controls in place to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. PCA evaluates these safeguards on an ongoing basis to help minimize risks from new security threats as they become known.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you believe that any personal information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any personal information found to be incorrect.
You may always choose to object to the collection or use of your personal information or to have your information erased. If you would like a copy of the information held about you for your own use or to transfer to another party, or if you wish to exercise any other right, please contact us at www.pcad1.org the CONTACT PAGE
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, PLEASE SEE OUR PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES.
Updates to Privacy Statement
This Statement may be amended at any time. If material changes are made in how personal information is collected, used, disclosed or otherwise processed, this Statement will be updated and notices will be provided when/where appropriate. Any material changes to this Statement will be effective at the time of our posting of the notice of the update. Where required to do so by law, PCA may seek your prior consent to any material changes we make to this Privacy Statement.
The Statement was last updated on [08-27-2020]
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about this Statement, please contact us. PCA will use reasonable efforts to respond to you as soon as possible.
Send mail to:
Pentecostal Christian Academy
9244 Delmar Street
Detroit, MI 48211
If we fail to respond to you within a reasonable period of receiving it in writing, or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may lodge a complaint with the data protection authorities in your home country.
Our website address is: https://pcad1.org.