The Pentecostal Christian Academy (PCA) exist because of the belief that Christian parents should have the opportunity to give their child a quality, Christian education, based on the Word of God. Our school views itself as an extension of the Christian home. Our aim is to build an effective, constructive learning environment in which positive behavior is encouraged so that academic success can be achieved. With this in mind, every effort is made to ensure that students are provided diverse, relevant learning opportunities and experiences, which will help them, reach their maximum God-given potential.
For over 30 years, our Superintendents, faculty, and staff have built a school in which each student receives a well rounded, Christian, and compassionate education. Through meaningful lessons and spiritual development, our students grow into conscientious leaders, creative problem-solvers, and globally engaged adults to work to fulfill the purpose of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Continuing innovation in teaching and learning practices, benefit and provide a multitude of opportunities for our students to exceed academically and spiritually.
PCA seeks to prepare students of academic, spiritual and personal promise to meet with confidence, imagination, and integrity the challenges of college and of life. In partnership with supportive families, we strive to cultivate in each student the desire and the discipline to grow in wisdom, to lead lives of personal honor, to pursue physical well-being, and to serve others with a generous, compassionate spirit.
“Our school views itself as an extension of the Christian home.”
The Pentecostal Christian Academy (PCA) maintains a commitment to high standards of excellence, whereby the students will show measurable academic improvement fostering the academic success of all its students. The students at The PCA will be self-motivated, self-directed learners, exhibiting spiritual confidence and the ability to compete in a global, technological, complex and ever-changing world, enabling them “to be in the world, but not of the world.”
The mission of The Pentecostal Christian Academy is to instill pride and respect for the Gospel of the Kingdom, and to equip students with the essential skills of a comprehensive, quality Christian education that will ensure preparedness in this world and will also nurture the gift within for the building up of God’s Kingdom.
In fulfilling our mission, we subscribe to the following core beliefs:
- that the ultimate goal of education is to cultivate in each student a lifelong passion for spiritual and academic growth;
- that each student’s academic potential is most fully realized through a challenging and varied curriculum undergirded with appropriate support;
- that students learn best in a respectful, supportive community of trust where each student’s learning needs and abilities are understood and accommodated as fully as possible;
- that intellectual growth requires not only the acquisition of knowledge, but its application in analytical, creative, and expressive ways that make learning meaningful to the student;
- that physical and emotional health is critical to the development of each student’s personal potential;
- that the school shares with families the responsibility for fostering in each student strength of character, a sense of personal responsibility, and an attitude of faith, and reverence;
- that the development of leadership in each student should include instilling a commitment to use one’s knowledge, skills, and resources in the service of others – which is the ultimate purpose of a Christian Life